Rights & Responsibilities
As a patient of Nuffield Road Medical Centre you can expect:
- Care which is provided in a safe setting, by competent and committed staff.
- Considerate, respectful, and compassionate care regardless of your age, race, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability.
- To be addressed by your proper name or by a name that is preferable to you.
- To be told the names of the doctors, nurses, and other health team members directly involved in your care.
- Coordination of sign language or foreign language interpretation services, if you need them.
- Information about your diagnosis, treatment, any expected results and the planned course of treatment, including an explanation about procedures.
- Information on the risks, benefits, and alternatives of your treatment.
- Convenient and professional transfer to another facility when medically necessary.
- Provide all necessary personal information including your full name, address, home telephone number and date of birth.
- provide complete and accurate information about your health.
- Ask questions when you do not understand what your doctor or other member of your health care team tell you about your diagnosis or treatment, and work with them on your care plan.
- Inform your doctor if you anticipate problems in following prescribed treatment, or if you are considering alternative therapies.
- Ask your doctor or nurse what to expect regarding treatment, and work with them to develop a management plan where appropriate. You should tell your doctor or nurse about any worries you have about planned treatment.
- Respect your doctors' rights to have a chaperone present for examination or procedure if it is considered appropriate.
- Treat staff, other patients, and visitors with courtesy and respect. Violent, aggressive, abusive or threatening behaviour towards the practice doctors, staff or persons visiting the surgery will not be tolerated. Involvement in situations such as this may result in the offender being removed from the Practice list.
- Abide by the facilities rules and regulations.
- Be on time for your appointments, and notify us as soon as possible if you cannot keep your appointments.
- Be considerate of noise levels, private, and safety. Weapons are prohibited on premises.
- Comply with policies to ensure the rights and comfort of all patients.
- Comply with the NO SMOKING policy.